iLocalNews Louisville is your best source of news and information about Derby City.
- Professional Journalist
The clever folks over at Louisville’s Convention and Visitors Bureau are having a contest to pick one lucky LGBT couple for “a wedding for the ages.” In an effort to spread the word that Louisville is one of America’s gayest cities—and an ideal venue for an LGBT wedding—the CVB have set up a social media campaign titled "Say I Do In Lou."
Based on the theory that LGBT visitors to Louisville spend more money per capita than most other tourists, the CVB will be giving away a wedding and weekend getaway package in Louisville, with the ceremony to be performed as part of the Louisville Pride Festival.
Prize package includes:
● Airfare for two (travel dates: Friday, September 18 – Sunday, September 20)
● Overnight accommodations at Hilton Garden Inn downtown
● Private wedding on Saturday, September 19 with 10-15 guests on the 8Up roof-top deck. Rain location provided by The Henry Clay.
● Wedding coordinator: A Thorough Fare Events
● Florist: Fleur de Lis Events
● Ceremony Music: VOICES of Kentuckiana
● Wedding Cake: Cake Flour
● Transportation: Jaco
● Decoration: Pizzazzle Events
● In-room gift from the Evan Williams Bourbon Experience
● One of the world's largest wedding receptions during the Louisville Pride Festival on Saturday, September 19, with wedding cake for all attendees
To enter, submit a video July 13- August 11 CLICK HERE, or by uploading your video to Instagram and tagging #SayIDoInLou.